• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling rig, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiliconSlick

Registered
i am looking to watercool the rig in sig, what parts should i use and what coolant works best (my budget is fairly tight but i have about 100AUD or 75USD) any help would be nice

if you have $75 for each part i would build a do-it-yourselfer and you could come out with a very good w/c setup. forget a kit with that kind of budget.

With $75 for each part you could afford the best of the best. Get a storm with a maze4 with some sort of chipset cooler. Get a good silent pump and one of those big 3x120mm radiators. Might as well get a drive bay reservoir and some 1/2" quality tubing. With that kind of money, I might even throw some quick disconnects in there for the sake of ease should you need to disassemble.

Just my opinion, i think they are in your price range, you can decide between a t-line and a resevior, personally I use a resevior.

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee or Storm (storm is better)
GPU Block: Maze 4 (Acetal?) w/ RamSinks
Radiator: Black Ice Extreme III if you have the space, if not go for BIXII
Pump: MCP655 or DD-D5, they are the exact same pump, just different retailers
Tubing: Tygon R3603 1/2" ID 3/4" OD (10 ft. should be plenty)
Worm Clamps from your local hardware store
OPTIONAL:
Resevior: Danger-Den Dual 5 1/4" Bay Resevior or Dual 3.5" floppy bay resevior
Coolant: Hydryx or if you want non-conductive PC-ICE is good too.
NB Waterblock: Maze 4 Chipset Cooler

don't get the chipset cooler it just adds heat to the loop and it is pointless... just as long as you have an active cooler on it it should be fine

i have been looking for the parts suggested and forgot to take into account the much higher tech prices in aus (read $1133 for a BFG 7900GTX) so it is really only the us equivalant of about $150 for the lot :(

well then i guess it would come down to

an apogee, either an mcp350 or mcp655 (which ever is cheaper) and a blackice (go pro if you get quite fans and extreme if you have fans that blow more then 90 CFM) and then tubing a t-line

Back