• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win32k.sys BSOD page_fault_in_nonpaged_area? 0x00050 stop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdietschrun

Registered
I have been having this problem recently, and I pretty much have no idea how to fix it.

I have

ASUS P5ND2-SLI w/ 0601
PD 805, frequencies at 180/100 (CPU/Memory)
GeForcce 7900GT 256MB w/ 84.43

I can give any other information needed, woudl really love if we could fix this. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums my friend! Though I don't specifically know about your problem, I was sure that someone else did, I looked around and found something for you:

Bugchecks Explained: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

My first step when troubleshooting a problem is always searching viaOC Forums search, Google search and if the problem relates to windows a Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) search. That is always the best way to start, if all else fails, then come here and post as much information as you can and you will receive plenty of assistance.

Hope that helps. Best of luck! And a speedy recovery to that pc of yours.
:)

Matt

Assuming you're running either XP or W2K, open Event Viewer (Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc, and click OK) in order to access the error logs, and check for STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA errors | Right click the latest crtical error you've received related to the above fault (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) the latest critical error message as it appears under the "Description" field, and post it in this thread.

The next time you receive the error, you may instead want to click the "click here" link at the bottom of the message box, and make note of the error signature information. Either way, it would be more helpful to us if you could provide the STOP error message in it's entirety. In the meantime return your OC to default settings, and test your RAM by running Memtest86 3.2 which you can download from Majorgeeks here...

Memtest86 3.2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1247.html

Run a virus scan, making sure you have the latest DAT files loaded for your scanner, then run Spybot S&D to check for spyware / malware...

SpyBot-Search & Destroy 1.4
http://www.majorgeeks.com/SpyBot-Search_&_Destroy_d2471.html

Thanks for showing me up, redduc900. You da' Man!
:p

On second thought, this really belongs in Microsoft Operating Systems. Moved.
:)

Matt

Well I looked through the event viewer and I dont see anything specific that talks about anything remotely related to my problem. I spent about an hour looking and don't see anything.

I'm going to run the Memtest, adaware and S+D now.

Next time I get the BSOD ill write down most of the information and post it, but its pretty similar to what I posted.

update- I can't run memtest because I don't have a floppy drive. Or a floppy disk.

OK I just had another BSOD that had something to do with IRQL_IS_NOT_EQUAL or something like that-- I think it may have something to do with the heat.

I think this is the specific event for that crash

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000054, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80501ff4.

cdietschrun said:
Dont have a CDRW... grr
Wow, you're having a bad day. Welcome to the forums.

as above said:
OK I just had another BSOD that had something to do with IRQL_IS_NOT_EQUAL or something like that-- I think it may have something to do with the heat.

I think this is the specific event for that crash

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000054, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80501ff4.
Hardware problems? Reduce to stock volts/freqs, check cooling setup.

It really makes no sense to keep posting STOP errors if you don't follow our advice, and then post the results...

1. You need to figure out a way to run Memtest, and then post the results.
2. What were the results of the virus scan?
3. What were the results of running Spybot S&D?
4. Did you return your OC to the default clock settings, including your VC clocks?
5. What were the results of mdcomp's suggestions afa checking the MSKB, and performing a forum's search? The faults you're receiving are all explained in Captain Newbie's sticky (Windows32: The Whys and Hows of Stop Errors) at the top of this forum, and have been discussed many times in the past in previous threads in this forum.
6. What were the results of following his link to the article describing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bugchecks?

... and you still haven't even made mention of which OS you're running (including any SP installed). And when posting the contents of a BSOD, we need to know the EXACT error message as it appears on the blue screen, NOT...
cdietschrun said:
OK I just had another BSOD that had something to do with IRQL_IS_NOT_EQUAL or something like that
... and also what you've done afa troubleshooting since the time when you received the first BSOD.

Last edited:
5. What were the results of mdcomp's suggestions afa checking the MSKB, and performing a forum's search? The faults you're receiving are all explained in Captain Newbie's sticky (Windows32: The Whys and Hows of Stop Errors) at the top of this forum, and have been discussed many times in the past in previous threads in this forum.
A handy link to that thread is conveniently located in my sig, to reduce member workload. :)

I have absolutely no idea how to run memtest. I have no floppy drive and no cdRW drive.

The error I got earlier today is:

"This problem was caused by :"win32k.sys"
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xf000E81A, 0x0000000, 0xBF8A1CB3, 0x00000000)

Techincal specifications:

win32k.sys - address BF8a1CB3 based at BF800000 DateStamp 43446a58.

This is copied and pasted from eventvwr.msc:

"Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 5/18/2006
Time: 5:33:37 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CHRIS-SSUG1I61R
Description:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 f000e81a, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bf8a1cb3, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 66 30 eters f0
0030: 30 30 65 38 31 61 2c 20 00e81a,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 62 66 38 61 31 63 , bf8a1c
0048: 62 33 2c 20 30 30 30 30 b3, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000 "

I am running Windows XP Home SP2.
I ran adaware with the latest updates and found errors, had the stop error a few minutes later.
I ran spybot search and destroy, found errors also, had the stop error afterwards ( ran this right after Ad-aware).
I did not return any of my OC settings back to stock.

I am now runnig WinDBG and also have read over CaptainNewbie's page.

OK

-- I could not figure out how to use WinDbg for the life of me if it was the only thing I had to do to save my life I'd be buying my headstone.

In reading Captain's post, one person talks about the PAGE_FAULT error being solely a RAM issue. With not a clue how to run memtest, im going to see if the RAM Is possible unlodged in the case, but in all likelyhood this is not it. It gives an idea to lower the VDIMM?

What is that? How to change that?

I have the frequency of the memory at 100mhz right now, my multiplier in my BIOS ranges from 400-1600 and I have it set at 400.

Im looking at my CPU-Z and it also says that my RAM is in single-channel mode... I heard from someone I need to have my RAM in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 to make most of it?

Also about the timings of a RAM module-- no idea how to check that or change that, someone said that might be part of the problem.

That is most of the information I can provide-- sorry for being so vague at the start, I had posted this somewhere else and I thought I had included the same information...

Any help to get rid of this at baby steps would be appreciated.

You can run MemTest from Windows, but I'm pretty sure the preferred method is to run it from the BIOS, if your mobo is so equipped, or from a floppy.

I think one of these will work, but I'm not 100% sure. Memtest86
I know there is a version that can be run from Windows because I did it that way before I found out that it was pre-loaded in my BIOS.:bang head

All of that I posted and you say to reinstall Windows? I don't see how it could possibly be my OS. Plus, I said I am not at stock volts or anything like that. I still have everything in my OC settings. What about the VDIMM, what about the timings?

I don't see how that link lets me run memtest from windows. It wants a floppy or CD rom. Which I have neither. I might have to buy a friggin external floppy drive just to find out that my RAM is busted? this sucks...

Does anyone else have any input? I don't see how it's my OS.

I *said*, drop to stock volts and freqs and SEE if the problem recurs.

Here's usually the order and precedence of foulups that cause STOP errors.
1) Running too fast/with too high voltages—can be resolved by reducing your OC.
2) Driver problems or miscellaneous Windows crap including viruses and actual bugs in the OS—occasionally resolvable through clean install.
3) Hardware problems—rub money on the system and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, rub more money on it.

Back