• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apogee + P5WD2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To answer your question a little more directly...I run that combo and it works fine. I did not have any problems setting it up and I have not had any problems (knock on wood). Are you running into problems or just worried if the two are compatible?

Alchemy1 said:
To answer your question a little more directly...I run that combo and it works fine. I did not have any problems setting it up and I have not had any problems (knock on wood). Are you running into problems or just worried if the two are compatible?

I just ordered it. Im just worried that some parts/capacitors on the mobo will get in the way when mounting it. Because I read some reviews where they needed to cut a portion for it to fit on their mobo (not exactly a P5WD2) tho.

I'm gonna pair this with an MCW60 GPU Block and MCP350 Pump. I still dont know what 80mm radiator to get tho. hope i can push my 630 and x1800xt 512 more with this WC'ing setup.

Thanks tho!

Don't worry about it fitting. I took a pic of the block on my mobo/processor. Sorry it isn't the best, but you can see that it fits and I didn't cut the block at all. The problem I see is that you are trying to use an 80mm rad. With two hot components like a P4 and an x1800xt you want a dual 120mm radiator.
6678a894.jpg

oh really? well its good I havent decided on any 80mm rads yet. but the problem is my case is small and its only got 2 80mm holes. one on top and on on the back. man this case sucks bigtime!

Well, I will use my system as an example. This is in no way a direct comparison to your system I am just trying to give you an idea of what water cooling does for a similar system (component wise). Sorry, I had to put that in there because someone would read this and say..."temps are irrelevant and you can't compare systems no matter how similar they are...there are too many variables".

With that said, here are the types of temps I see. I have a full size ATX case (CM stacker) and both my x1900xt and 640 (4ghz/1.5v) are included in my water cooling loop. I have two 120mm intake fans, one 120mm exhaust fan, one 80mm top exhaust, and 2 120mm fans on my BIX II. All 120mm fans,38mm thick, are Sanyo Denki's and run at 7v on my sunbeam rheobus. The 80mm fan runs directly off of my PSU @ 12v. I an apogee on my CPU and a maze 4 on my GPU (copper ram sinks on ram). In the morning my ambient temps are around 25c. I get idle temps of 29c(CPU) and load temps of 35-36c(CPU). As the day goes on my ambient temps go up to 31-32c. I get idle temps of 35-36c(CPU) and load temps of 43-44c(CPU). I have seen ambient temps as high as 34c and load temps as high as ~50c. My video card pretty much idles at 40c(2D mode) and loads at 51c(3D mode).

As you can see we are talking about a serious amount of heat here.

Guess I really can't use an 80mm rad. In that case I might really need a dual 120mm rad then. And set it up externally and just use a pci pass through. I dont want to set it up that way because of the kids around the house but yeah I dont want to go buying all these for nothing or even worse temps!

Thanks! Nice rig anyway!

Back