• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Player 11 Official Microsoft Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SuperDave1685 said:
Is there anything special about this release? It looks nice... I'm still running on WMP 9.0 - that and VLC...
I find it a lot easier to use and the interface is a lot simpler than WMP 9 or 10, you can also manage all your pictures, photo's, video and music all in the same place with ease, it will even monitor any folders you specify and add any media files to the library from these folders automatically if you wish.

Hope this helps!

^^^ so it is taking one a FULL role of "media" now and not just music and video files.... Wonder what companies now will try to sue MS for cornering a market - ACDsee ?

im using it no problems, looks nice as well

untitled8st.jpg

I'm hoping the full release will have hardly any bugs and like stated will uses less memory currently WMP10 uses 10mb when playing MP3's depends on what your doing. Rises to 20mb if I'm streaming a video probably the codecs working in the background. I'll admit it looks really nice and the interface looks futuristic I think the full version is out end of June 06.

1 question also does that mean when XP gets 11 Mac OS X and it's other versions will get WMP10 they currently have 9. And my mate who's a MAC OS X owner asked me the intresting question 2 days ago forgot to post it in here.

Finally something that will orgainize my heaping pile of music.... ME = <3

I love how all the music is all nicely listed by artist... even if 2 files by the same artist are in differnet folders they are still put together very nice.

ozzlo said:
Finally something that will orgainize my heaping pile of music.... ME = <3

I love how all the music is all nicely listed by artist... even if 2 files by the same artist are in differnet folders they are still put together very nice.

I believe WMP 9 on up do that. I know WMP 10 does this...

WMP11's addition of Pics and new GUI are cool. I'll try it when I get home!

:cool:

I tried it. It is okay. I pretty much only use WMP as a backup player for dvds.

I did not have any problems with playback.

But my problem is that the interface is still pretty messed up.

For example, I prefer the main buttons to be on the left side, not the center. It now looks like a rip off of Quicktime player.

I don't like what was done with the library interface color. It's now fixed on the white background which I hate since I use the high contrast black background for windows applications. Plus, why do they have the file information only show up at the bottom left side and right sidebar? I'd prefer the file info to be displayed on the top left like with WMP 7 - now that was a great version.

I do like how they fixed the full screen video controls which doesn't have the intrusive top bar anymore. The dark blue / gray interface is pretty cool-looking too.

Back