• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what remote desktop program do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

i am asking this question becouse programs differ alot.
for ex... PC Anywhere is about 400 mb while VNC is only a few mb

so what do you use?

1. VNC
2. Pc anywhere
3. remote desktop connection
4. other (which and why)

VNC for me, remote desktop works fine but I find VNC just more easy to use.

remote desktop connection is cool and all.. but you have to patch it in order to use multiple accounts simultaniosly which sux... and it's a known fact that microsoft restricted RMC to 1 account only... damn corporate!:bang head

I use RealVNC and Ultr@VNC for most of my machines, and one Server uses RDP. VNC is nice, due to its small footprint. RDP is nice due to its best integration with Windows security. I just find VNC simpler.

UltraVNC for my machines at home and work. Allows me to do nifty things from home :)

I am in the process of building for my work a Server 2003 Terminal services machine for my work that will be outstanding. The one we have now is really just a decent desktop with Server installed, it tows the line, but is in need of replacement for a corporate use. At home, I use RDP on my desktops, and the terminal sevices on my Server.

I use RDP at home, and mostly Dameware at work. Dameware does so many more things than RDP. License was kind of expensive, but only 3-4 people have it and use it everyday.

We use to have PCAnywhere, but that dropped off when we deployed XP with RDP and dumped 2000.

i use TightVNC. It's apparently a bit quicker when used over slower connections, and should be lighter on system resources too.

Back