• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nearly done with my new rig - check the pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VballCoach

NewPC1.jpg

NewPC2.jpg

NewPC3.jpg

still need to clean up some of the wires and ghost that 40gb on to my raptor.
The raptor is still running this pc I'm typing on. And have to put the dvd-burner in from this pc.

temps on my opty [email protected] are 34c/44c
temps on my xfx 7900gt are 36c

I really like the yate loon led fans..especially how quiet they are. I know I'd have better airflow and temps maybe if the front was cutout but this is how it's going to be for now. I like the look. [except for that dang silver dot in the middle of the window!! wtf was AMS thinking!!] One raptor and a 320gb sata storage are each they're own CoolDrive6.

I'll take more pics later.:)

Sweet deal VB, everytime I see a 3 barber I think of how much the Y and extra tubing mess it all up, but yours came out very clean.

Wow... very clean.
waht are those 2 barbs tot he left off your PSU... it looks liek it could be soem kind of res but cant see where it would go :S
what CPU block is that btw, did the Y jointy coem with it because it appears to be a very neat job.

Nice. Especially like the drain port implementation. Just might have to borrow that for my next build. :beer:

Was wondering about fill/bleed. Is there another tee in behind the bays?

Wow, that looks really clean, I think i might cut some holes in the mobo tray to do that kind of wire management. I have all the gear out of my main rig for liquid cooling I'm putting in. The other thing is, how is that power supply working for you (I have the same one, $30 from fries, couldnt resist), I've heard mixed reviews about it.

What shroud do you have on your heater core and what model of Yate Loons are those?

Thats some nice work there, how long did it take to put it all together? I didnt even notice that little silver dot untill you mentioned it. Anyways, the rig looks great. Very well done!:clap:

Great looking setup. What is that for a heatercore and shroud? Also, how did you route the tubing from the res in the rear to the rest of the loop?

hey thanks for all the compliments!!

Yes, that is a res in the rear. I made it myself out of acrylic. I used a 5" piece of 1/4" thick square tubing and capped the ends. I even beveled 45 deg corners on them. Then I polished them as best I could. I tapped the top to accept a 3/8" NPT brass plug.
I wanted to be able to fill the system on the outside of the case and also be able to monitor water flow. I could even put one of the temp sensors from one of the CoolDrive 6's in it if I wanted.

both my blocks I made myself. here's some pics of the cpu block. I made it about 2 yrs ago.

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

here's an internal pic of the block -
waterblock3a.jpg

I soldered it together. Also, the 1/4" plexi plate on top was for my XP2500 back in the day. All I did was make a different adapter plate for my A64.
The gpu block is very similar to the cpu. It has pins over the gpu core but the barb inlets are on the side so not sure if it makes any difference in temps...just that's how I ended up making it. Holds my 7900GT to 34C steady.
The ramsinks on the vidcard I made myself out of an old P3 heatsink...pretty easy to make but time consuming to polish the bottoms and exposed sides.

as for the shroud, I built that myself, too. here's a pic of what I used -
shroudwip.jpg

3/8", 1/4" and 1/8" acrylic sheets.

the fans are Yate Loon LED 120s. I bought 2 from a member on ATTforums and I bought the last one here - http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1blle.html
really awesome fans. sooo quiet.

The rad is a 2-342 single pass rad. got it on ebay $1 + $7 shipping. I cleaned it real good then I tried polishing the sides and end tanks.

The psu is ok. It's my 1st time with this one. I wanted a 600w sli psu and got a good deal on this[not as good as your $30!!!] It's not as quiet as I'd like. I can hear the 80mm fans in it loudest compared to Yate's and the 80mm led fans on the rear...I may have to look at a 120mm fan psu down the road. The 'Flex Force' wiring really helped in hiding them on the backside of the case, tho.

It took some time to get it all together as I was saving up for the 7900 then I had to wait an oblivion to catch the Egg when they had them instock. But it was definitely well worth it!! Lovin' that card!

I'll have pics of the backside tomorrow. I didn't get to work on it much today...had to do some real work..while at work this time...:(

Last edited:
here's some pics of the backside, res and front.

new%20pc%20005.jpg

new%20pc%20003.jpg

new%20pc%20006.jpg

new%20pc%20007.jpg

the drive in the open 5 1/4" is a 40gb that I used to load and test everything. I'm ghosting it to my raptor tomorrow. Overall, I'm happy with it.
I'm gonna replace that 'loud' psu tho.

my temps per nTune show cpu@26c, system@31c, and gpu@36c

Back