• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dice

Ok. I can't find anywhere on Danger Den's site a positive mention of the material used for the top of the non-acetal blocks. The closest I can see, is in the acetal/brass/chrome descriptions where it says things like "... corrosion free..." or "...prevents corrosion issues..."

Am I to infer then that the other (SKU:MAZE4GPU) one is in fact aluminum?

Thanks.

EDIT: Goolge netted some old forum topics on other forums where some have described it as anodized aluminum. I think I'll assume they are right, unless anyone here can confirm that the top is not aluminum.

Last edited:
R B Customs said:
ive got one here being useless to me lol, cerianly appears to eb aluminium. insides of the threads are silver coloured, so id say thats conclusive :)
Aluminium

Thanks for the confirmation. I can't really blame DD for not using the A word in regards to those blocks. At least they are waaaay down at the bottom of their page. Im sure they will phase them out with Acetal... or recycle them or something. :)

Is yours useless to you because it's Al. or for some other reason?

doesnt fit my X1900
i can see that it will if i tap some jholes in 2 of the corners, btu then it would only be supported by 2 bolts, ive had a look inside and its spotless... its second hand but theres no signgs of corrosion from the copper / aluminium thing.
just cannot get rid of it lol i was the only mug who would buy it off the seller becuase i didnt do my research properly

R B Customs said:
doesnt fit my X1900
i can see that it will if i tap some jholes in 2 of the corners, btu then it would only be supported by 2 bolts, ive had a look inside and its spotless... its second hand but theres no signgs of corrosion from the copper / aluminium thing.
just cannot get rid of it lol i was the only mug who would buy it off the seller becuase i didnt do my research properly

Hehehe Sell it on ebay.

looks liek its going that way.
had no luck witht eh recent thigns iv bought for my rig, white water too bit for my board, and the maze4 is useless lol :(

why were you wanting to know the material ?

R B Customs said:
looks liek its going that way.
had no luck witht eh recent thigns iv bought for my rig, white water too bit for my board, and the maze4 is useless lol :(

why were you wanting to know the material ?

I was looking into that particular waterblock. Researching before purchase.

R B Customs said:
doesnt fit my X1900

If you want to use the Maze4 on an x1900 you are going to need the acetal version. DD sells an acetal conversion kit, but I think it is like $15-20. You can find used acetal maze4's for ~$30 that include mounting hardware.

Back