• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

They just don't make 'em like they used to...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObsesivComplsiv

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone knew of some good sites on the net where older versions of software could be found. It seems like every time that a newer version of something is released it goes down hill because of added overhead and/or adware and such. But then if you try to find the older one that did like, they only have the current one availible for download.:bang head Any Ideas? Thx!

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to ask the question and then abangon the thread. The power company was replacing the transformers and some of the poles down my road so we had no juice for a day and a half. I checked out the link to oldversion and thats pretty much what I was looking for but it didn't offer a very big collection. I felt pretty dumb when I saw the name though. I should have chosen more obvious words for my searches I guess. :) If anyone knows of others I would appreciate it.

My buddy downloaded an older version of AIM from that website and it came coupled with a worm, so be careful and make sure to have your virus scanner running before you execute anything you download from there.

I haven't really seen much other than oldversion, but I agree with DavidJa, can't hurt to run a scan on whatever you download (although I have never heard of someone having problems with the site). I've used it a couple times....couldn't do without Winamp 2.xx :D

Centurion was the dude that pointed out the scan :). Poor guy doesn't get recognition!

If you ask around someone mgiht have it (if it is freeware). I keep a backup of many old versions of stuff i have.

Back