• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water block upgrade? Would you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Hi.
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to upgrade my current water block(MCW6000) to an Apogee or Storm G4.
Would I see that much of difference??

i upgraded from a 6002-775 to a storm G4, and my temps dropped about 5 degrees, and i added more voltage, plus warmer weather and higher overclock

hainer36 said:
i upgraded from a 6002-775 to a storm G4, and my temps dropped about 5 degrees, and i added more voltage, plus warmer weather and higher overclock
Uhh, then something else was going on, 2C is the most you will see from 6000 to storm... i'd stick with the 6000 if it were me. See the interactive WB performance chart here: http://www.procooling.com/index.php?func=articles&disp=131

Well for best results you need a high flow pump cause it causes a bigger restriction. You will notice a difference but it's really whether you want to drop the money or not.

Back