• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished my new loop! (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

Just installed larger diameter hoses and rerouted my loop:

drain.jpg

My loop contains automotive GlycoShell diluted coolant as you can see on the sticker at the reservoir's bracket. No more waterblock for the videocard cuz when my OCed 6800LE died I got a 6800GT and the mounting hardware didn't fit anymore. I fit it with an NVsilencer5 rev.3 as you can see though...

Looks great! So this automotive liquid can be purchased at a place like Autozone, right? How much does it cost? I just want to make sure before I go out and get some. :p

Lancelot said:
My loop contains automotive GlycoShell diluted coolant as you can see on the sticker at the reservoir's bracket. No more waterblock for the videocard cuz when my OCed 6800LE died I got a 6800GT and the mounting hardware didn't fit anymore. I fit it with an NVsilencer5 rev.3 as you can see though...
So you are using shell oil brand antifreeze ? EDIT Sorry just googled it and it is shell brand for sure.

Very nice, clean setup. I thought the only blue antifreeze was the VW/pentosin kind. I was unaware that Shell has blue antifreeze.

voigts said:
Very nice, clean setup. I thought the only blue antifreeze was the VW/pentosin kind. I was unaware that Shell has blue antifreeze.

he's in the Netherlands. I've never seen any of it stateside. I looked all over..PepBoys, autozone, Strauss, etc. no luck.

I removed the bottom grille and placed the radiator on top of 4 motherboard-standoffs. This corresponds nicely with the edges of the opening thus forming sort of a duct. So the radiator gets (almost) unrestricted cold airflow, there's plenty of free space underneith the case cuz I'm using the coaster-wheels. The fans are coolermaster silent 120mm fans that are pulling air upwards through the radiator. I really can't tell temps cuz the monitoring utility that came with the NCCH-DL board is a resource-hog that even makes my mouse stutter every few seconds! (a well-known problem) I'm not getting anal about it cuz I know with this cooling setup and a minor OC to 2* 3.4Ghz it's safe to let her fold 24/7 even during high summer temps.

Last edited:
ok now for the important aspect of your build
CPU?
what is it OC to?
what is the temps
-idle?
-load?

CPU's (yes plural) are in his sig along with their operating speeds, if you bothered to look there, and he has already stated all the temps. Try using your computer with a monitor, I found it very helpful.

Back