• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN over the Internet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've tried it. it works ok but if you're looking to play LAN games, then its a little more complicated. it'll work, but there's more steps than just starting the game and playing.

Spion said:
i've tried it. it works ok but if you're looking to play LAN games, then its a little more complicated. it'll work, but there's more steps than just starting the game and playing.

Is it a safe and reliable program, though?

never used it, but have read on these forums people raving about it, so i guess its ok. just a quick look at the front page and it seems nifty. if its really like zero config VPN id say its "secure". as secure as a wired lan?, no, but enough im sure.

I've used it with up to 8 people. Getting it configured can be a pain, and it doesnt always load properly, but when it all works, its a neat little program.

I run it on a couple linux boxes - easy easy easy to set up and run, even on linux :)

gorilly said:
i use it for file sharing (VPN to another office) it pretty good!

its slow but thats prob my connection

I've done 800kbytes/sec transfers from server to server over hamachi.

Back