• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows media player dvd help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

When i play it full screen, i see these bars that windows media player adds on the top and bottom and i can see another set of bars which looks like they where incoded with the dvd? You can tell which one is which because the windows media one is darker than the the dvd one. How do i remove the widnows media one or dvd one?

Here is a picture of it.
I dont know if you can see it.
bars.JPG

Last edited:
yea i use vlc, just wanted to try wmp since i dont use it much haha. whats the best decoder in your guy's opinion? is there even a difference between the different kinds?

ati said:
yea i use vlc, just wanted to try wmp since i dont use it much haha. whats the best decoder in your guy's opinion? is there even a difference between the different kinds?

i would suggest uninstalling any Divx or CyberDVD programs and download the K-Lite Codec Pack Standard Edition and install it ;)

that codec pack has 99% of anything you will need to watch anything

Sounds easy enough. Thanks.
Also on my widescreen dell laptop when i play videos in fullscreen there are still black bars, shouldnt they be gone since the screen is 16:9?

ati said:
Sounds easy enough. Thanks.
Also on my widescreen dell laptop when i play videos in fullscreen there are still black bars, shouldnt they be gone since the screen is 16:9?

hmmm... i took a closer look at the picture...

the Lighter black is the 16:9 part of the movie which is encoded.... the Darker black is your screen... it seems its not being fully stretched to your screen

Back