• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barbs on the DD Maze4GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Captain Helghas said:
As I understood the block was tapped specifically for the barbs attached. Since you own one, I figure you would know better than I though.

well yeah, you should buy your new barbs from DD so you know they will fit and fit well. (don't want any leaks!)

Captain Helghas said:
As I understood the block was tapped specifically for the barbs attached. Since you own one, I figure you would know better than I though.
Danger Den is in the process of switching from 9/16-18 threads to G1/4 and which barb your Maze takes is unknown (to me, at least).

These are the new G 1/4 fittings and these are the older (and slowly being phased out) 9/16-18 barbs. Note the difference at the barb end where the tubing slips over. The G1/4 barbs have a very narrow/short lip where the older style has a long, tapered lip.

Once you have the correct threaded barb, swapping them on the block is simply a matter of screwing it in.

IF the block uses HiFlow or PerfectSeal fittings, Teflon Tape is NOT required... both HiFlow and PerfectSeal fittings use an O-Ring seal. You only need to use tape when using either incorrectly threaded fittings, or non o-ring fittings.

just FYI, the barbs are only a couple buck each, but shipping for me was around $11. I'm going to try to find barbs at lowes or home depot before i order from DD.

scott d said:
just FYI, the barbs are only a couple buck each, but shipping for me was around $11. I'm going to try to find barbs at lowes or home depot before i order from DD.
Since we're so close together we could combine our order, and share the shipping cost. Then mail in an envelope the barbs to the other person.

the barb's thread type is what matters. looks like BSPT instead of NPT. looks like they just changed suppliers for the barbs but thread type/pitch is the same.

check here - http://mcmaster.com
p/n 53415k213 - it's 1/2" x 3/8" bspt $4.52/pkg
you'll want to get some O-Rings for them then..HD should have them.

McMaster said:
Fittings with BSPT pipe connections where indicated with †. Please ask for 2940K1 and specify tube ID, pipe size, and type of fitting.
I'm still going to see if they have them @ the hardware store, I can always reuse the o rings from the old barbs. If I can't find the barbs, I'll shoot you a PM Captain Helghas.

scott d said:
I'm still going to see if they have them @ the hardware store
Highly unlikely.
All the hw stores normally carry are tapered pipe thread fittings and those are definitely not what you want.

[Corporal Dan] said:
remember to use teflon tape
oops.....

I knew I forgot something :(

I used silicone to seal the the space between the threads, so maybe thats just as good, since I have had no leaks yet.

my plain teflon tape on my maze4 works fine. never leaked there (though it has leaked when my clamps weren't tightened all the way.

Back