• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Hate XP-64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

so a while ago when microsoft made the upgrade to 64-bit free from 32 bit i made the leap, not realizing(stupid i know) that i forfiet my copy of regualar xp by doing this...does anyone know a simple way of switching back for little or no cost?

Go back to school. hahaha. I just found out (back in school after a 10yr hiatus, 19yrs to get the 2yr degree woot) that I can get XP Pro shipped to me for like $18, downloaded for free and I can download Server 2003 for free. Not bad for $144 in classes at the community college.

maelstromracing said:
Go back to school. hahaha. I just found out (back in school after a 10yr hiatus, 19yrs to get the 2yr degree woot) that I can get XP Pro shipped to me for like $18, downloaded for free and I can download Server 2003 for free. Not bad for $144 in classes at the community college.
So where do you sign up for that deal?

hibner said:
So where do you sign up for that deal?

You have to be in a program that gives you MSNDAA. You have access to updates and free software as long as you are a student. Unfortunately, once you graduate or are done, you no longer can receive updates, or activate the product. The good thing though is that for Win2k and win2k server, you can keep on installing and such as there is no activation (and this is allowed by microsoft).

GO to the microsoft website, do a search MSDN academic alliance. Then there is an option to see if your school and department participate.

Back