• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another Home vs Pro question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta

I ran thru a long list of this title using search, but didnt really find the defining answer I wanted.

I know Pro, but what I want to know if it's worth the extra $$ if I dont need remote desktop.

I WILL be setting up a small network of no more than 3 systems. So my question is...will Home be a pain to network with? If I was buying just one copy I'd buy Pro, but I have to have 2...really don't want to pay that much for pro. I will if it keeps me network headache free.....

Home will work fine if you arent using a Domain Controller. Since this is a small network, you will probably not be using a DC. Home works great for simple networking and sharing.

Remote desktop is not a big deal, that is why there is VNC... if you are not going to join the said machine to a DOMAIN network (which you can do with home with a hack) then XP home will be fine.

Advocating using illegal software will get you banned fast. Do it again and bye bye.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
i smell BANNING!!!

that is a big nono, here, belive it or not most of the users on this forum pay for their OS or get it as part of their schoolastic studies.

We never advocate or condone using illegal software or copies.

:welcome: to the fourms, be warned that talk like that will not be tolerated, i'd sugest editing it before SSS comes to say hello.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro seems a lot more stable and Home seems to be a pretty half-arsed attempt at making a cheaper 2nd version of Pro. Not as bad as ME mind you, but it's still more of a pain than I think it's worth. I say bite the bullet and shell out the extra $50US for Pro.

Back