• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD X2 WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MegaloRESX15

Registered
.I'm not a noob at computers but im a noob at water/liquid cooling,thats why i joined this forumn today. OK im thinking about switching to a liquid cooled computer(mainly to reduce noise,and keep cool while rendering) I was looking at the ThermalTake Big Water. But i searched and read on this forum its not good at all,particuarly any kits in general.
i have an AMD X2 3800+ (Dual core doy!) with my DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI DR eXpert plus 1.5gb ram ordered a new XFX 6800XT off newegg today also i have a TT Big Typhoon. Can u somebody help me step up on the right foot with a system(custom or not) that can handle my dual core processor.

My thread might be of some help.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=459070

It really depends on what you are willing to spend, and what noise you will accept. The MCP-650 is generally more powerful than the MCP-350, but also makes a bit more noise. 650 would use 1/2" ID tubing, which will give less flow restriction and overall better temps, but I went with 3/8" tubing since its a lot easier to manage, and water is heavy, so having less in my PC keeps it easy to move. For a radiator, I picked out the Black Ice GT, it looks to be one of the better ones for ~$50... you can probably get away with a single 120mm, but a dual would be plenty and give you room for expansion. Or, you could go to the auto-parts store and pick out a car heatercore that fits JUST RIGHT for your case, that would perform well too. I was recommended the Agogee and MCW-60 for my CPU and video-card respectively, they are low-flow restriction and do a pretty good job.

Of course, you don't necessarily need to go water. My CPU is just fine with my Freezer64, loading at 40c at 2.5GHz (I replaced the fan on it), but the combonation of video card fan and chipset fan noise are what made me decide to watercool.

i have a midtower atx right now i plan to build a fulltower out of lexan. main purpose of goin liquid cool is to kill as much noise while maintaining temp. budget is around 100-150 may be able to go to 200.i would like to build it custom instead of a kit seems cheaper and fun to build!

Back