• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Purchased Case - Water Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
Hello I just purchased an Antec P180B case and should arrive sometime this week(end). I want to cool my processor/gpu and was wondering if a BIPII will be enough to do so? Or will I have to mount a BIPIII on the top? (I plan on overclocking both btw)

Mobo: DFI Lanparty ultra-d
CPU: Opteron 165
GPU: evga 7900 gtx

Future Parts:
waterblock:storm
gpu block:maze4
pump: mcp655

updawg said:
was wondering if a BIPII will be enough to do so?
It's the law of dimminishing returns...the cooler the CPU/GPU the higher they clock. Now do you want to get the highest OC possible, or just be able to say youre OC'd?

BIP rads work OK with low pressure fans.

BIX rads will get you better coolong (slightly) but, BIX rads need alotta air pressure (close fin spacing) to get high air flow, and hence the max cooling. Fans will be critical for max OC. I'd suggest a couple of rheostats with big Deltas. That way you will be able to live with the noise for day to day use.

If max OC is the object, 3 x 120 is required.

If I mounted a BIPII with two 120mm fans all internally in the top 5.25 bay keeping the already existant top 120mm fan left alone ...

Do you think I could leave everything internal sucking freshair in through the rad?
And then having the rear and top 120mm fans as exhaust and the front 120mm fan as an intake for cross ventilation?

Here is what I mean? What do you guys suggest?

Attachments

• case.JPG
    case.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 173
why not try like this? I could see the other way realling messing with your airflow.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 168
I was thinking that but i think the fan/rad will come down to far over the mobo? If it doesn't i'll get a BIPIII

oh yeah, that may cause a problem...i didn't think about that. hmm...that really does create a pickle

I really don't want a radbox either, but it might come down to that.

scott d said:
why not try like this? I could see the other way realling messing with your airflow.

antec.jpg

You can put radiator laying on the top of the case and leave fans inside.

Last edited:
I just wanted an internal setup so the case looked aesthetically pleasing, what if I used a 120mm rad in the front fan and 120mm rad in the back fan and used three exhaust fans on the top?

It looks like in your picture, in the lower right of it, the tubing on the bottom of the 120 mm rad has slipped off and the clamp isnt clamping anything.

this is what i'm thinking I'll do any suggestions/input? (each BIP has a 120 mm fan)

Attachments

• case2.JPG
    case2.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 139
ugh I know, i just don't want to come to the harsh realization that I'll have to mount the radiator on top of the case... anyone provide some feedback suggestions I would be extremly appreciative!

Thanks,
Mike

updawg said:
ugh I know, i just don't want to come to the harsh realization that I'll have to mount the radiator on top of the case... anyone provide some feedback suggestions I would be extremly appreciative!

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry, but...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 116
If I used the BIGT240 and two scythe s flex fans intaking air, what do I do with the remaining top rear and front 120 mm fans? What would be best for airflow? And would this be enough so I could OC my cpu/gpu a considerable ammount?

Thanks,
Mike

I'd use the fans as exhaust. and go w/ yate loons instead.

I'm going to be using panaflos on my tripple GT, but I have more room to work w/ in the stacker I'm getting

can you take a look at what I want to purchase and tell me if i'm missing anything before I order it, thanks!

Black Ice® GT Stealth 240 Highest Peformance Radiator
- Fitting Size 1/2" OD
- Radiator Color Onyx Black

SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm 1600 rpm Quiet Fan - Sleeved (2 I want to stick with these over the yate loons)
- Sleeve Color Black
- Heatshrink Color Black

FilterRight™ 120mm Black Aluminum Fan Filter (2)

Swiftech STORM Extreme Performance Universal Water-block - Rev 2

Danger Den MAZE4 GPU - Black
- Fitting Size 1/2" for 1/2" I.D. Tubing

Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump

Tygon 3603 1/2" ID Clear Tubing (10 feet)

Polypropylene "Y" Fitting 1/2"

Danger Den Fillport Reservoir
- Fillport Color Clear Anodized
- Fitting Size 1/2" for 1/2" I.D. Tubing

Swiftech HydrX Coolant

Reuseable Clamps - For 1/2" Tubing (3/4" O.D.) (12)

If i'm missing anything let me know I want everything there so I don't have to wait for more parts, thanks!

Mike

that looks good. a T fitting would probably be better for your fillport than the Y

I suggest 7/16" ID tubing over 1/2" IT tubing as it will give you thighter fittings around barbs and a more uniform loop ID

Back