• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good big collection ID3 tag editor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
I'm looking for a good (preferable free of couse :p ) ID3 tag editor that is easy to change the ID3 tag in a large collection of mp3?

I know most player can edit ID3 tag, but they are just toooo slow or too much steps when changing 5+GB of songs.....

http://tfm.profm.ro

Tag edit pro

Features:

HTML Page Generation

FileName -> ID3 Tag conversion

ID3 Tag -> FileName conversion

Multiple Files conversion

Description:

This Tag Editor was created for REAL converting File Name
to ID3 Tag (and ID3 Tag to File Name). It can read artist,
album, title, year and comment from the file names. It uses
macros and separators of ANY (length and characters) when
parsing the file name and extract what you define as "Artist",
"Title"... from file name. Suports multiple conversions on
any direction (FileName -> ID3 Tag -> FileName) and
preview of modifications.

took that from the readme file.

I like Tag and rename. The batch feature is really cool. Doing multiple files at once is simple, since it does masking. I have done over 400 files at once before. It was not as slow as I would of thought. It can also retrieve album information from a couple sources too. It handles just about any format you might use in normal playing conditions too. The feature I like the most is using hot keys for speedy deployment of features.

I tagged the Van Morrison box set(13 albums) in 5 minutes. Other box sets were just as fast if not faster.

Last edited:
Back