• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kemon

What are some good 120mm fans for a 3fan Black ice GT 360 radiator?

I got the cheapo 6 buck, 4pin molex 120 from tigerdirect, and it performs very well. Pretty quiet, too.

A lot of the watercooling guys here in the forums seem to like the yate loons that you can get from i belive http://sidewindercomputers.com/

Also the panaflos and Sanyo Denkis are highly favored. I'm going to be going with the Sanyo Denkis with my BIX2 when i get it. I dunno much about the BlackICe GT but the BlackICe Extreme, it helps to have the 120x120x38mm fans for air pressure.

Panaflo Super High Speed fans, I have four of them, probably getting four more. They are really loud though, but it's cool for LAN parties when you open your door and have a fan controller, then pump them up to max speed and it sounds like a jet engine.

its tough to say what would be a good fan for this radiator since no one has one. Its designed to work with quiet fans, but with such a high FPI rating i would imagine this would add noise even if the fins are thinner. Im curious as to how an undervolted 120x38 like a Denki would work on this radiator but we shall see. Yate Loons always appear to be a safe choice for these type of radiators too.

sflex fans are great, but i dont think i would use the low speed on a radiator. If anything i would look into the higher speed model.

I have 3 of these that I plan on using on my GT 360 xflo
http://svc.com/fba12g12m1a.html
they're on sale now for a great price! maybe I should pick up 3 more! lol.

the GT gives the performance of the BIX with low cfm fans. so any fans that work well with the BIP should work with the GT

Sanyo Denki's Fans are highly recommended for high CFM or undervolt, I can undervolt to 5V and pretty much quiet, also new GT rads designed to use quiet fans too, I think someone did a personal review on GT Rad with low CFM fans and it performans par with Swiftech Rads. Don't know if high CFM will benefit much out of it so just wait till someone do some review on it

search function will net you lots of threads that talk about fans.
maybe if you did some research to understand how the fans and rad works and then answered the question about your prefured noise level instead of playing pin the tail on the donkey here we can help you more

the yate loon D12SL-12 models and Scythe DFS122512L(S) are VERY VERY quiet. Scythe one is a tiny bit quieter but slightly less CFM.

Look on SideWinders for Delta Tri-Blade EFB1212SHEs. 141CFM with a nice tone (not whiney / high pitched) I own 2 myself and I love them to death, plenty of pressure / CTF to push around.

Back