• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Circuit Question with crude pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mk11232

Registered
I've gotten in all my equipment and I'm planning my wc'ing path but don't know how to go. I am using the swiftech apex ultra plus kit (apogee for cpu, mcw60 for vga, mcw30 for chipset, mcp655 pump). I'm think of 3 different paths and I am wondering if it would matter which one I choose.

The picture is the actual case and motherboard that I"m using. I will have a pentium d 3.6 running that I would like to oc and an ati x1900 xtx (which I may later x-fire). I am willing to nix the nb block if it complicates the circuit too much.

The first path is res->pump->cpu->nb->gpu->rad->res

attachment.php

The second path is res->pump->gpu->nb->cpu->rad->res

attachment.php

The 3rd path is res->pump->nb->gpu->rad->cpu->res

attachment.php

If I nix the nb, I think I'll go res->pump->gpu->cpu->rad->res (bascially the 2nd one without the nb

I think I'm going to go with the 2nd one, it seems the easiest and shortest tubing but I would love any suggestions you guys can give.

Attachments

• path1.jpg
    path1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 100
  • path2.jpg
    path2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 85
  • path3.jpg
    path3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 82
Either #2 or #3 will work ok, but I would recommend number 3 just because there is not much difference between the two and using #3 the water from the rad goes directly to the CPU which provides for the widest Delta T. As far as using the NB block goes, it usually isn't worth buying one as most NBs don't need watercooling. However, if you have it already, why not use it as that block is very non-restrictive anyway from what I have seen. As long as it doesn't make your tubing connections a nightmare.

Back