• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would this be overkill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soloz2

I may end up with a single 120 BIP xflo rad out of a trade/sale. If I do would it be overkill to install it in my loop that I'm setting up? I'll already have a Black ice gt 360 xflo. since both rads would be single pass I think my pump could still keep up.

would be running:
apogee on cpu
low pro maze 4 on gpu
mcp655 pump
tripple gt xflo rad

and then maybe this other bip xflo. my loop will look like this:

pump > tripple rad > cpu > gpu > pump

if I added this other rad it would be like this:

pump > tripple rad > cpu > single rad > gpu > pump

so what do you experts think? overkill or worthwile?

It probably would be because if you get decent airflow on that Tripple XFlow rad you could be getting pretty good temps with all three blocks.

well I don't have the tripple rad yet. I'm currently just using a double heater core, but the tripple rad is on the way. my temps are fine w/ the double heater core. I just wanted a tripple rad! cause it's big :D

Adding a single rad to a triple won't help your temps one bit, and can actually hurt your temps a bit if routing it hurts your flow. A big single rad is the best solution. A triple rad with some slow spinning fans will cool anything that you throw at it.

The pump might produce even more heat due to more resistance, therfor negating any benefit of extra radiators or heater cores.The added resitance will also put more strain on the pump, and probably shorten its life-span.

your system might suffer if oyu add the second rad . there is a poiint where restriction> advantage.

so unless you can use the rad to shorten your tubing runs by 16cm then you will probably not see a benifit and might actualy hurt performance due to your added restriction

Back