• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc printing on scheduled and pc time control ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

Big up!
I am running ubuntu 5.10 and for numerous reasons cannot print to my home printer (networked samba etc ). I don't want to fix that (necessarily) but I would like to know if there is anysoftware that can print all the documents from one folder say, N:\Documents\Print Drop\ on either recieving of the file (on the recipient machine), or on boot-up? Any ideas????

Also, my mum and dad are looking for some software for my lil' sis that can limit the amout of time on a pc (freeware if possible) ie. turns pc on, uses msn for a bit, after 1hr logs her off etc... also, any ideas???
mad_pc_man

The proper way is to fix you samba. And Linux can print over the network just fine, either using CUPS or samba..

WRT your sister, better thing would be disconnecting the network after a time on the router/switch, since when the program shutting down her PC is on the machine itself, she can easily disable it.

Back