• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Think Symantec has just Taken On on the Chin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

That should ahve read, " ...One on the Chin."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/05/25/antivirus.flaw.ap/index.html

The reported flaw comes at an awkward time for Symantec, especially since their 2006 Security Suite is being criticized. Its chief executive, John Thompson, has campaigned in recent months to convince consumers they should trust Symantec -- not Microsoft Corp. -- to protect their personal information.

Nobody is safe, and nobody is perfect, no matter how much they want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was for Corp edition 10 and not customers like me or your self but it's still creates a kick to the teeth. As there saying that we have experience and MS does not true but then a flaw like this kicks out and they have to hide in the wings. But I'll give them credit they started work as soon as they found out about it not sure if they have released a fix.

But unlike MS every 2nd tuesday even if a bug has been found mid month before they still released a fix on tuesdays. Last month for a example was the flaw in IE6 and WMP.

Back