• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saw this active ram cooler for $39

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
productActiveMemo.jpg

Now that is just crazy selling for $39+

You can by those Thermaltake heatspreader for roughly $8 and just by adding a small L bracket attached with a little Superglue and superglue holding the fan on, I see no need to throw away $39

Not to mention if you have decent airation in your case to start with this is an absurd product.... Am I alone in thinking this is overpriced and/or just a absurd product?

i see no point in the fan its self, there is far too little surface are for it to be effective, if you feel the need for a fan cut a hole in the side of your case over the ram and stick a 120mm fan there

I don't see the point of any Ram cooling. The Thermaltake thing lowers the Ram temp by ?1C. Why bother?

Ram on Vidcards is a different case. Ram*** RI*** are also different.

Placid,

That $39 was the sale price at the Popular vendor I saw them at online, the regular price was $45 :eek:

Even if I did ever lose my sanity and want to activly cool my ram I would still buy a L bracket for a quarter and mount them on the end of the heat spreader and cool them from the end in effect cooling more surface area.

Seriously... If you haven't gotten one of these yourself and you tested it out and you didn't see a performance at all then please make a bad comment if you must otherwise don't make a bad comment about this ram... If you got bad performance with the heat spreaders was problably because you have a cardboard box unlike other people with 100 % aluminium cases well cooled...

Genoide said:
Seriously... If you haven't gotten one of these yourself and you tested it out and you didn't see a performance at all then please make a bad comment if you must otherwise don't make a bad comment about this ram... If you got bad performance with the heat spreaders was problably because you have a cardboard box unlike other people with 100 % aluminium cases well cooled...

Genocide, I don't know if your talking to me or what, but your comments about my case being a cardboard box is pretty funny.

I have tested cooling ram modules and thats not my point, my point was that $39 is kind of steep for a fan on a heat spreader.

BTW, One of my 'cardboard boxs' has a custom Swiftech mc1001 with a Silver base and probably worth more than your Aluminum case as it has 20 ounces of silver in it.

And my ramsinks has custom Silver bases as well but hey what do I know.

One more thing, many Forum members can't afford a Lian LI case and theres really no need to knock anybody as many off these guys are students and what not and on tight budgets.

Last edited:
Well you are saying one thing and its really hard to beleive you, you aren't giving me any strong facts, just opinions...

Opinions are like butt-holes, everone's got one.

Ok...lets calm down on this please. This is headed towards a flame war, which I really dont want to see you guys get into.

Thank you.

Mr B

It might of sounded like a flame, but it wasn't it isn't what you say. its how to interpret it.

let my ram run hot ... I have 4 80mm standing in heats way!!! If I want my ram cooler... I will make my own fansink!

I read a review of the new Thermaltake Ram cooler, the one that comes with a fan, at a review site recently. This thing reduced Ram temp by less than 1C. If one wishes to believe that system Ram coolers are necessary, that is one's prerogative.

Back