• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Place to buy precut Copper Stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

I am looking for a place that sells precut copper stock for WB. So far I only see Dangerden. Is there another online seller that sell this stuff?

onlinemetals will cut it, they only gaurentee within 1/8" I think, something like that.

Jon

JFettig said:
onlinemetals will cut it, they only gaurentee within 1/8" I think, something like that.

Jon
I had a bad experience with Onlinemetals. I bought a 12" x 2" x .75" bar from Onlinemetals before for $25 USD but when they shipped it to me, I had to pay and extra $20 because of customs. The annoying thing was that the $20 was asked for at my front door, the UPS guy was holding my package until I gave him the extra money. So annoying how this fee wasn't upfront. So I am currently looking for another source of copper.

Gentleman said:
I had a bad experience with Onlinemetals. I bought a 12" x 2" x .75" bar from Onlinemetals before for $25 USD but when they shipped it to me, I had to pay and extra $20 because of customs. The annoying thing was that the $20 was asked for at my front door, the UPS guy was holding my package until I gave him the extra money. So annoying how this fee wasn't upfront. So I am currently looking for another source of copper.
Can they do that... did you pay in cash?

I dont think thats onlinemetals fault... thats just customs.

or a ups guy trying to screw you over;)

Jon

JFettig said:
I dont think thats onlinemetals fault... thats just customs.

or a ups guy trying to screw you over;)

Jon
Exactly, it was not a hidden fee, this was money your gov't decided to take from you.

Gentleman said:

had the same thing happen to me when i bought a Used XP 1900+, guy(UPS) wanted 70 bux for it. I said nah send it back, ended up waiting for the cpu almost a whole mth, but it saved me the 70 bux.

I sold a buch of fans and a BIXIII a while back to hainer36 in Canada and they hit him with $20 in customs fee upon receipt even though the declared value was below what they are supposed to tax on.

The only place I have found to get small quantities of copper is onlinemetals. Otherwise, maybe a local scrapyard or metalworks might have some.

dangerden may be your best bet. Check ebay though, they tend to have some pretty good prices on that kind of stuff. I may buy some just to have and play around with.

another good place is your local metal scrap yard. Mine has a 55 gal drum of copper. They let you sift thru it...be sure to have leather gloves on. $1/lb.
I found a 2'x4"x3/8" copper and 1'x2"x1/4" copper stock. got it real cheap.

It was ridiculous....$25USD = $30 CDN but then I got charged and extra $20 CDN ontop of the $10USD shipping fee to ship something from Seattle area to Vancouver which is a few hours away driving distance.

EDIT: for a grand total of about $60

Good question ,i am looking also..........that would be a shock to have to pay for customs fee's after waiting ,but yeah that is customs ,maybe online metals is unaware of their procedures.........

only a couple hours? go for a drive! make it a nice road trip:p

Jon

I placed a decent order of copper from onlinemetals a while back and they seemed just fine. My only complaint is that they were off on measurements, they state they could be a little off so I have to forgive them. They also didnt clean the cuts very well, no big deal for me.

Back