• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMos PC2700 Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaosdriven

Last edited:
I bought some, but wouldn't buy it again..not now anyway...but if you do...DO NOT BUY IT FROM ATACOM!!!!!!! I made that mistake, they sell the OEM stickerless version...

I had bad experience with atacom as well...
I purchased a motherboard thinking it had a one year warranty as advertised on the website, now maybe I was a bit click-happy, but when I got the motherboard, I did not have time to work with it immediately and so it sat for a couple of weeks. Later I found to my great surprise that there was only a 10 day warranty ( this was an ASUS A7V). The board was flakey and the sytem based on it was never stable. They never even responded to my emails.

Anyway, about the TwinMos DDR....
So did they not ship you the "True PC2700" module?
How did it perform and are you using it now?

ChaosDriven, oh man, i couldn't even begin to tell you how bad an experience i had with this company. When i first ordered this memory i called and inquired whether it was the same memory listed on the twinmos site. The person in sales told me that it was in fact the same memory, so i went ahead with my order. After receiving the memory it was obvious it beared no resemblance to the one on the website, it didn't even have a twinmos sticker on it (which is usually the sign of a manufacturers defect, OEM, or used) so i tried to call but they had the tech support phone of the hook..finally after three days of calling (and emails to which they never responded) i got in touch with someone, and his exact words were "if you have a problem with the memory, call Twinmos, it's not my problem".. I was astonished that someone would actually treat their customers with so little respect, he said that he would not give me my money back because it was against they're policy to give refunds for memory. I argued with the tech support guy for probably 20 minutes (calling from NJ to CA without an 800#) and finally he said that he would take back my memory, but would charge me a %15 restocking fee....LOL, they want to charge me a restocking fee because they misadvertise their products and sent me the wrong item...I would never buy anything from them again. They have no scruples whatsoever.

Btw, the memory works alright, but my crucial works exactly the same, i think my system is limited to 145 without a voltage mod, so i'm not getting anywhere by using it...i'll probably send it back and endure the F'in 15%.

Last edited:
PeteyPete, it's sounds like you got a bum deal from atacom!

From the paucity of replies on this thread though I have to think that not too many people have actually used the TwinMos 2700 DDR. I'm kind of tempted to order it from the other dealer, list price of about $61.00 (256).

I won't buy Twin mos memory it's very uncommon you can't hardly find it anywhere i looked all over the place. I emailed Twin Mos to ask them where i could purchase this memory and it took them like 2 months to reply someone who takes that long to respond loses me as a customer now there Pc 2700 is outdated. Micron has the real deal PC 2700 that will run at cas 1.3 i would go with Micron better.

Well how do you know if your mb can support over 145FSB or not?
By testing out different rams on it like pc2100 and pc2700? or is there another way to try

Back