• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox: More acreage for Bookmaks Toolbar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

For a while now I've been running into sites that I'd like to bookmark and have on my bookmark toolbar, but I've run out of room and would like to add a second bar under the first.

I've tried stretching the one thats already there, no go, and I've tried making my own toolbar but I cant place bookmarks on it. What else can I do?

Good question, *subscribes*.

I always just change the name of each bookmark to the smallest it'll go with me still knowing what it is... Works for me! lol

Thank you!

I've almost got it working. I can see two rows or bookmarks for half a second when firefox starts but then it reverts to one.
I have enough bookmarks in there to start onto a second line and I cant stretch it, is there another step? (version 1.5.0.3)

Have you considered making subfolders in your bookmarks. I have at least 3 years of site links in my bookmarks. It must be at least 400 or more, I lost count actually.

If I need a certian site the search feature helps. For the most part I remeber what I have setup or just browse the sections and categories.

Yes. I do that in my Bookmarks menu but I like having a set right along the top of my screen for quick navigation.

I think I've got something to work now. I put a button on the bookmarks toolbar and that seems to force the increased size.

I hardly ever use the bookmark menu. I just create flexable folders and add or take away folders in a temp fashion as the need is there. Since I may have an interest for a week or so. Then once I need more space I then categorize them in other places. I still have plenty of room for at least 6 more folders for my current interets. Then once I am done. Off if goes into the dungeon. I have alot of data in a short amount of space. Depending on how you like to get to things, sometimes bigger is not better.

Here is a sample of my stores lists. Since I hardly look at the parts list of stores in the folder inside the main 'stores list' I just created a lesser folder inside of it. It gets deeper as I loose interest and I get new ones. I usually insert a description while making a bookmark. It helps searching. I even at times create a temp fold until searching for parts is over. Then if I have need, I will open the whole folder of bookmarks at once in tabs. I only hate when I open the top level folder in tabs. Three times last month, I opened about 200 bookmarks at once by accident. oooppps lol

I have plenty of room for a few more folders and bookmarks on the bar.

bookmarks.png

bookmarks2.png

Last edited:
not to revive an old thread but...

I used redduc900's fix, and it worked fine up until about a week ago. Anyone else experience this?

Did you change your resolution / video drivers? Maybe move one of the bookmarks? All of those have messed up mine. I'll usually put a new link on the bar and it will start to work again.

Back