• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator mounting in TT Armour case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zx2Slow

Central Pennsylvania/Southern New Hampshire
I'm currently looking for a new case and I want to mount a 2x120 rad in it. Has anyone mounted one in the front of a TT armour or armour jr case? I've looked at pics at a few retailers but non really show whats going on behind the bezel.

Have any of you folks mountde a radiator in one of these? Any pics would be awsome.

there are a few around here, if you do a search for a "Post your wiremanaged pics here" thread there are several in there. as far as how they mounted them, that is something im interested in.

I just got some velcro, put the rough side on the sides and bottom of my radiator, and the soft side on the inside edges of my case. Works good, no vibration and it stays in place when I transport it to LAN parties.

Im looking at pictures of what I believe to be the case you are talking about and I was wondering if the back would be a possiblity of a place you could mount it. Im seeing two fans back there, and im surely guessing one is push and the other is pull. Think you would mount the rad on to there? I think you would need like a radiator bracket or something. I mean it would be hanging off of the back, but that seems to be the best place to have it.

I was looking at the top, but there seems to be mesh and such so you would have to end up cutting it away possibly and all.

I want to mount two 120mm rad's in the front with two 120mm fans in a push pull. My only problem would be dust getting in the drive cover mesh I think. I have clearence issues with the radiator mounted inside the back, and I refuse to mount anything outside the case.

Zx2Slow said:
I want to mount two 120mm rad's in the front with two 120mm fans in a push pull. My only problem would be dust getting in the drive cover mesh I think. I have clearence issues with the radiator mounted inside the back, and I refuse to mount anything outside the case.

your better off with 1 dual fan rad then 2 single rads

I mounted my rad last night. I'd take a pic, but it's such a pain to get the front plate off. I used the velcro method as stated before, but I epoxied a bit of foam underneath to raise it up. If you have a BIP II or something of similar dimensions, the lower part will be obstructed a bit. Raising it about an inch prevented that. It may do absolutely nothing for my temps, but it helps my OCD. :D
I went to a lan one time and saw a black ice micro II mounted in the rear of the case. The owner had removed the upper HDD bay, sawed the cross beam off, and mounted the rad with the barbs on the bottom. The problem he faced was mounting it, as the velcro came undone while transporting it. I offered to epoxy (it's odd what I bring to lans) but he declined.
Another option I thought about when doing mine was to the bottom of the case. However, that's generally restrictive.

NODES said:
your better off with 1 dual fan rad then 2 single rads

I kinda want to go with a single 2x120 with 4 fans but that will be later. It will also cause issues with my hard drives, I like to mount them close to the port and use those 6" SATA cables. The only case that fits my needs is the TJ07 but $350 is alot of cash to lay out for a case, and I like the TT Armout's looks a tad better. I might just custom build one, there are no cases I like currently.

With my current case Im running into clearence problems, I have a gigabyte board with the DPS that stopped me from using two fans in a push pull. My new motherboard has the heatipipe cooler between the CPU and the onboard ports. The fan asus supplies wont clear anything but a fan mounted on the rear fan spot.

I know this is not a TT Armour but it may help in mounting you rad.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=444160&highlight=RIG+RIDER
Take a look at the 3rd and 4th pic in the thread, I used foam from a retail hard drive package. I think it was a seagate hard drive, but I can't remember for sure.
I cut about 1" strips for the sides and about 1/2" for the bottom strip, the foam is an open cell type and compresses well to fit tight on the sides and isolate vibrations from the fans.
This setup is silent for me and cools nicely.
Let me know if this helps.

RIG RIDER said:
I know this is not a TT Armour but it may help in mounting you rad.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=444160&highlight=RIG+RIDER
Take a look at the 3rd and 4th pic in the thread, I used foam from a retail hard drive package. I think it was a seagate hard drive, but I can't remember for sure.
I cut about 1" strips for the sides and about 1/2" for the bottom strip, the foam is an open cell type and compresses well to fit tight on the sides and isolate vibrations from the fans.
This setup is silent for me and cools nicely.
Let me know if this helps.

Hmm Thats a great mounting method. I'm wondering if it would be wise for me to leave the 5 1/4" bay covers on my case and mount the radiator behind them with the fans pulling through all that. the bay covers are just a mesh.

Those pics are before I replaced the mesh bay covers on my cm stacker.
So far the only thing is the dust that builds up on the mesh bay covers needs to be cleaned about once a month with a vacume when the comp is off.

TheSonOfX51 said:
If you are not afraid of power tools you could fabricate some brackets for it and just mount it up front.

Im not afraid of power tools in the least bit lol

Back