• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper waterblock cleaning/upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zx2Slow

Central Pennsylvania/Southern New Hampshire
I have a swiftech MCW6000 that has some stains on it and was curious if I used a chemical copper cleaner if I would damage it at all. I used to have it on a mixed metals loop and there dosent seem to be any corrosion on the inside but therer are some dark stains, would flushing it be a good idea?

BTW is a storm/apogee a worthwhile upgrade? Im running a modded MCP350 pump and plan to get a 2x120mm rad and I was curious if I would see a worthwhile temp drop.

28c idle 34c load, but thats on my venice 3000+ @ 2250MHz. I just got the euipment in my sig and I want to push the opty to 3GHz. The mcw6000 will be sufficent, but I was curious if the newer blocks have a significant cooling benifit.

I was thinking about doing the same thing as I am using a MCW6002. Systemcooling did a good review of the apogee compared to the storm and mcw6002 - http://systemcooling.com/swiftech_apogee-12.html . The MCW6000 and MCW6002 perform about the same. According to his testing, the Apogee works on par with the 6002 but is no real improvement performance wise.

There has been some detailed threads about how the Storm performs against the Apogee with a lot of debate in regards to die testing vs. real world results. With a modded MCP350, you probably won't see any appreciable improvement at all by changing blocks.

Back