• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free RA To MP3/WMA/WAVE Converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My mate has given a right stupid task he wants to convert .RA files to MP3 so he can burn them to audio CD. I thought I found a plug-in for Nero 6 as I found some that work so I can burn .shn, FLACC files. Anyways the RA plug-in just make Nero 6 hang is there a free converter than will let me do such a task.

I've googled it but only keep getting shareware stuff this is only a 1 off may I add.

dbpoweramp music converter. I'm not sure if it's completely free anymore but check it out anyways. I have the full version with the powerpack and it is the best audio enconder program I've came accross. You will also need to download the codecs from thier site for those file types you wish to deal with.

Cheers Reg and thanks TempliNocturnus you guys saved me some time with searching for 1 which would probably be 1 of those that says it'll do 30secs of the file.

I've found out that Power Amp would only cost me £8 for the full licence and after I downloaded the right encoders and codecs. And installed Real Player 10 so it could convert RA files it's perfect for doing my conversions in the future.

So next week I might just purchase it unless the free version offers what the purchased version offers. What are these Power Packs they also offer too is it like extra features to add to the program.

I have used the free version for several years now I just downloaded the codec that I need to do my conversions. such as the Real Audio/ Mp4/WM9 and so forth you can rip the CD's with the free dBpoweramp program just doesnt have all the bells and whistles as the payed version does. I rip my music with WMP 10 which gets all the album info for you free then do the conversion with the poweramp program only takes a few minutes longer but it's free so no worries. i also use a CD/DVD burn program called A shampoo Burn Studio 6 it will burn CD's DVD's audio /movie /ISO and disk image files plus get your CD info as you rip it to you HD. Its about 15 bucks best money I have spend for a burn program no complaints whatsoever.

Back