• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Editing ID3 tags for MP3's. Best software to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crofty83

Im looking for a piece of software that is good for editing ID3 tags within MP3's. Ideally one that has the option to do batch processing.

Hello crofty,

There are many programs out there which can edit ID3 tags. All you have to do is do a simple google for them. One of the programs that I have used is --ID3-TagIT--. Back in the day when I started to clean up my MP3 files, this program worked flawlessly. It let me do single and multiple ID3-Tag changes, and for your needs, it specifically states (on the front page of the website) that it supports batch editing.

Other programs that are available which do what you need are as follows:

Also, I would recommend you do a forum search as this topic has been discussed many times in the past. To start you off, here are 6 search results:

In the future, when asking a question (just to let everyone know that you have done some prior research), stating which programs you have been looking at, or have already tried would definitely help us answer your question more directly. We could help you by showing you how to properly use a program (if, for example, you were not sure on how to batch edit with a specific program) or we could give you our thoughts on programs that the both of us have used.

Also, as many of these programs do the same thing, just in a slightly different way, it could just be personal preference on which program someone thinks is 'The Best'. So, after all is said and done, I would try out some of the listed examples and then you can determine, on your own, which program works best for you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. :cool:

Raven

I use Tag & Rename, is very powerful, and handily pulls data from Amazon, so you get Album Art aswell/

Nice post above Raven. Always nice to see people put in alot of effort like that.

Raven, thanks for all the great info. I gave up on retagging my stuff after a while. Maybe Ill give it another go

Thanks for all the help guys. I found that some of the programs allowed you to attach cover art to the MP3 files which was an added bonus. The only problem was that some of the programs added the cover art but then iTunes wouldn't recognise it. Tag & Rename tho added the cover art and iTunes was able to see it :)

Many thanks to you all. Its nice to have people recommend programs that they have used and think are good instead of search google and installing/un-installing several crap pieces of software that are no good before you get to a half decent one.

I used foobar 2000 and did all the editing by hand. :)

Guess it didn't hurt that most of the mp3s already had the right info.

Back