• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Activation problem??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

I have a friend who has windows Xp family on there dell. They reinstalled windows, but forgot to activate it in the 30 day time period. Now they can't log on, to activate it. I've tried safe mode, and everything i could think of. But i can't figure out how to activate it without loggin into an account. It won't even log onto Admin. ANy help would be great. This is a legal copy of Windows and is on a machine that is about 2-3 years old.

AFAIK you just have to reinstall, had the same prob with my moms old compaq. (when i let her use the demo.) Afterwards she swore she hated XP and i made her install the full version and she says she loves it now. Silly moms.

It doesn't come up with a screen that allows you to activate windows when that pc starts?

Last edited:
It usually says that you must activate before signing on, and then asks if you want to try it now. Then you can choose between internet and phone.. That is weird.

Offtopic: I cant push my apostrophe key in this forum recenlty without a search bar coming up at the bottom of my screen...wth?

yo4444 said:
It usually says that you must activate before signing on, and then asks if you want to try it now. Then you can choose between internet and phone.. That is weird.
Yeah, that's what I usually wind up getting when I forget/refuse to activate Windows until Day 30. Maybe the OEMs are different, though, since they should be activated at the factory.
Offtopic: I cant push my apostrophe key in this forum recenlty without a search bar coming up at the bottom of my screen...wth?
Odd issue with Firefox on Linux I've encountered; I can offer no explanation.

Back