• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows File Recovery Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

Well I've been trying to access a corrupted XP Pro SP2 partition for a while now with no luck. So I guess I'm ready to try a good file recovery program and even ppay for it (ouch!!!!). Any sugestions?

Fr3@k3r said:
he said a corrupted xp partition, which means an un-bootable partition

And I said "Corupted data?" as in, I was asking if the data was corrupted, or if it was simply an unbootable partition. If it is corrupted, it generally doesn't just mean that the partition won't boot, it geneally means that there is either no file system, or it is corupted and must be recovered using tools like restorer2000 and not a live distro.

Cheator said:
And I said "Corupted data?" as in, I was asking if the data was corrupted, or if it was simply an unbootable partition. If it is corrupted, it generally doesn't just mean that the partition won't boot, it geneally means that there is either no file system, or it is corupted and must be recovered using tools like restorer2000 and not a live distro.

ah sorry bout that.

I've tried about every thing that I can find. I tried BartPE and it couldn't even access it. I think that I just screwed it up. In the beginning when it first acted up. My wife said it wouldn't boot up. So I went into windows recovery council and tried "bootfix". that didn't work, so I went back into recovery council and tried "fixmbr", didn't work either. In fact after I did all that, wife changed story & said that it would boot up but just took longer to do it. Well needless to say, I was rather pi@#ed! So in short, I believe that useing those commands is what really caused the partition to become unreadable as well as unbootable. I had just installed this hdd new a little over a month ago (old hdd is still ok, just an upgrade), so before trying the "pay" recovery software, I'm going to try putting the old hdd back as master (still has xp installed) and this hdd as slave and see if maby I can access it like that. I dought it will work, but I'll give it a shot.

I've heard about r-tools before, I'll probably give that a try first. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

Back