• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Legitcheckercontrol.dll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

hi Guys lately my GENUINE copy of windows has been playing up.

so my mate sed it was my legitcheck.dll file so he sent one to replace it with.

I replace this file fine then i close the window then i go to open the window agen and it turns out the old legitcheck file is back in there.

y does it keep replacing the new with old?

How can i solve this problem????

Many Regards
Tunnel

Rightclick on "My Computer", then "properties" and disable System file protection under the "System restore" tab.

Hmm, that file doesn't sound like it's part of any fully proper (as in not contaminatedy by viruses/spyware/malweare) Windows package...although I could be wrong.

You may replace it (yay, even delete it as you so choose) as described above thorugh inhibiting system file protection; however, the usual Windows admonitions about checking for typical Windows problems applies here.

tunnel said:
lately my GENUINE copy of windows has been playing up.
Meaning what exactly?... what do you mean "Windows has been playing up"?
tunnel said:
so my mate sed it was my legitcheck.dll file so he sent one to replace it with.
What made your mate think that replacing the LegitCheckControl.dll on your system with the one from his system would fix your problems?... assuming you're having problems. And if you are having problems, what are they exactly?

Last edited:
he sent you a hacked version, which likely wont work.

and they way you push "legit" seems fishy, - as said, explain to us what is acting up..

the only thing that file would affect is downloading windows updates from the site or other MS software like MSN live and media player 11 beta.

So if your having problems with that as said, go buy a legit copy.

Back