• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

now i agree, windows sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

yet again, windows has gone bad on me, in the form of an annoying error message.

First of all, i just changed case, added another 7800gt to my setup and put some blue cold cathodes in. No major changes. Oh, also it is now connected to the internet.
I fired it up for the first time, got onto windows normally, browsed the web for a bit then decided to play some music. went into my folder, and remembered that i still needed to get a liscense for a couple of songs. i decided to do that, and during, it automatically updated me to WMP 10. long story short - now whenever i try and boot to windows i get an error message which read: "This application has failed to start because MSVCP60.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem. Trouble is, i dont even know what the application is or how to re-install it. Oh also, safe mode doesnt work, and it may help that for some reason, sometimes i get two bleeps when i start my computer instead of just one...

thanks

i woukd but i cant even get that far.i forgot to add, when i click ok on the message, the screen just goes blank and all i can see is the cursor

amazon10x said:
Just move the error message out of the way while you download the file.

cant, you cant even get to the windows log on. just goes black and then the message comes up.

thanks redduc900, ill try what was suggested there and report back

bobthemoo said:
cant, you cant even get to the windows log on. just goes black and then the message comes up.

Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you meant you logged on and it was working then in a few minutes it would do that.

In that case, copying the file via the recovery console as detailed in the other thread would work.

You can still see your mouse?

Can you see the task manager as well?

If you can, try doing a run -> userinit or run -> explorer.exe and see if the results get any better.

Sometimes my windows would crash but it'd only be it initializing, i could still boot up but i'd have to do that.

since when does windows automatically update you to WMP10??

i've never had that happen. Also never had this error either. Though i've read a lot about it as peopel trying to install the leaked version of WMP11 get this if they dont install it correctly.

ludeboy12 said:
since when does windows automatically update you to WMP10??

i've never had that happen. Also never had this error either. Though i've read a lot about it as peopel trying to install the leaked version of WMP11 get this if they dont install it correctly.

Haha, yes what is up with that???

Kevin007 said:
Haha, yes what is up with that???

i dont know! i went to get the license then i started updatinng (i should have been reading the page really...)

but anyway, thanks for your help but i decided that i would just reinstall windows. It deserved it:beer: And yup, it works......im usuing it now

Back