• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing Icons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just1nCase

After I installed my new HDD and copied the windows files from the old drive to the new drive (in order to make my new drive into a bootable drive), some of my icons disappeared (i.e. Microsoft word, excel, etc.). Is there any way I can repair missing icon files? If so, how?

I am currently running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and my desktop has the following:

ASRock 939DualSATAII
AMD64 Athlon 3000+
1024MB Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 PC3200
Ati Radeon 9600Pro
WD Caviar 30GB (Old)
Seagate 120GB
Seagate 300GB (New!)
Creative SB Live! Value

Please let me know whenever you get the chance.

Just1nCase said:
After I installed my new HDD and copied the windows files from the old drive to the new drive (in order to make my new drive into a bootable drive)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. You say you "copied the Windows files from the old drive to the new drive"... could you elaborate on that?

Do you mean the shortcuts? If so, then you can simply go to the directory for each program (usually program files) and look for the application file > right click > make shortcut to desktop.

stang8118 said:
Do you mean the shortcuts? If so, then you can simply go to the directory for each program (usually program files) and look for the application file > right click > make shortcut to desktop.

Thanks for your help, it works now. That was easy. :)

Back