• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excell question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speciale

Disabled
I have my own summer buisness selling photos. When a customer makes an order i keep track of it by putting it into a spreadsheet that tells me everything, what they've ordered, my costs, their costs, my revenue, and my total profit.

What i'd like to be able to do is find my total profit as a whole though. Would it be possible to have an additional spreadsheet that adds the profit value from each of the individual orders spreadsheet or can you not link different files like that?

Linking spreadsheets is certainly possible. In the cell you want the referenced info to appear, type "=" and click the cell you want referenced in the other file. When you open up the linked spreadsheet again, it'll ask if you want to update the linked info, and as long as the linked file remains in its original location, you can continually update it.

Back