• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Runtime error 200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

Hello guys

I'm trying to run an old PKWARE software in windows xp with sp2, but keep getting "Runtime Error 200" everytime I try to do it...

I've searched the net, but can't seem to find any solution, does anybody know of a way to make it work?

Last edited:
I've tried both guides with no success. When trying to run compatibility mode, no matter what combinations I use the program opens quickly in a dos based window and then closes again.

When trying to use tppatch I get a message that reads like this: Überprüfe die Datei ...filename.exe ist keine von TP7/BP7 erzeugte Datei. - translated meaning "Examine the file... filename.exe is none of TP7/BP7 produced file."

I'm guessing I'm gonna have go buy some old pentium 1 mashine with windows 3.11 in order to run this program lol :(

You might want to try modifying the autoexec.nt and/or config.nt files in the %systemroot%\System32 directory... the config.nt file at least, possibly increasing the file handles from files=40 to files=100. Something along the lines of...

EMM = B=4000 RAM
dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=100

...and in autoexec.nt have:

REM Install DPMI support
LH %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

...with other LH lines REM'ed out, and then any SET or PATH lines that may already be present at the end. This should give about 612K for a program, run from a shortcut made to its .exe file. Right click the shortcut, and select "Properties" | On the "Memory" page, you can set an explicit value (rather than "Auto") for any EMM or XMS memory it may need, and for initial environment space.

Last edited:
Didn't work :(

I tried using a DOS emulator without any luck, I even tried with VMware, creating a virtual dos maschine and a windows 95 machine. None of them work, I get different errors like runtime error 002 and 005.

I think I should propably give up

Back