• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp sata drive hot fix????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wymjym

I have run into a problem with xpprosp2 while using sata and pata drives. It seems that microboyz know about it and have issued a hot fix. Does anyone have a copy of this file?
thanks
wj

what problem have you hit ? - I never experienced any issues using pata and sata togeather with sp2.

I would assume that any update would be available as part of Windows update, so I would suggest trying that first

What sorts of "MS hoops" would those be? The hotfix / KB article you linked to doesn't even apply to XP.

Last edited:
convincing them to simply give me the fix for my problem, some times takes way too much time. fax documents, convince you should not pay.....

I have xp pro, win2k pro on a multiboot....(with sata and pata) I could go into all of the details but basically if I don't have the fix then I need to use the bios to determine which hdd I'm booting to. This gets very tiring about a few dozen times.
wj

Back