• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help, I've never seen this before...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arca_ex

Alright, so I just got my computer hooked up to the internet, and after installing FireFox I keep getting this message about every 45 seconds. The message varies a little but they all want you to go to this website and download their "Registration Fixer". The message asically says that "You have 55 critical system errors. Microsoft Windows XP NEEDS your attention, open your internet browser, go to the URL www.correctreg.com, download the software and reboot so you do not have system failure, after you have fixed the problem these notifications will cease"

Other sites include:

regfixit.com
and other sites that redirect to this one.

TIA,
Arca_ex
Also, I am running a virus scan so if it stops I will post here.

Alright, well it seems like I installed an old Windows XP Home Edition SP1, so after downloading 54 updates, thing's seem to be running fine, only problem is I used an old recovery disc from my other computer and the Key isn't working...

I assume that the recovery disc you mentioned was from an OEM copy of XP. That means that you can only use it with that hardware.

On another note, contrary to what people think, the forum rules do apply to the anti-DRM nazis as well.

Oh well, this was a temporary solution anyways, I'm getting XP Professional in about a week (legally), so I'm going to have to reformat anyway.

Anti-DRM nazis, ha, that made me laugh, i am against it though...

Back