• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Azuerus Alternative

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

While running azeurus my pc runs very slow, I was just wondering if someone could point me to some good alternative clients that uses less system resources.

thnx

RIPSTER

Does utorrent have either a tabbed system or something so you don't have windows all over the place? I used to use bittornado and really liked it, but running a few torrents at a time would make my pc very sluggish, not to mention the fact that it leaked memory badly...I've been wanting to try utorrent for a while

Utorrent doesnt have a tabbed system but you dont need to have a window open for each download. Its a single window with the list of everything your doing in it. Check it out

Most likely you would be able to just open the torrent in utorrent, select the folder, it would check the data, and keep going. If you had azureus set to allocate the disk space it might screw it up or something maybe, I don't know.

Another uTorrent user here. I used Azureus at first because of its protocol encryption, but switched to uTorrent when its latest release had that feature. Works really well.

None... except the installed verison has the more advanced language pack (If you are a native speaker of english, you dont need this).
One is made for Newbies not used to running an exe without installing it.

Other is you can prop it where ever and run it from there.

Man, uTorrent is the bomb! The only feature from Azureus I miss is the ability to prioritize specific torrents for seeding. It's a lot more difficult to constantly seed near-dead files with uTorrent :(

JigPu

Back