• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is G.Skill good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
G.Skill made outstanding TCCD based DDR1 memory as far as performance goes... have no idea if their DDR2 offerings are as good. Happens to everyone, but I've read quite a few accounts of people with dead G.Skill DDR1. No one had trouble with RMA though, so their customer service seems good.

I'd also look into what OCZ or Mushkin has to offer... Patriot also makes good dimms at a very reasonable price, however I've heard their customer service is not good in cases of RMA. Corsair is outstanding memory with a long reputation for quality... but a bit overpriced IMO.

Well I have had nothing but good to say about G.skill as a matter of fact OCZ was my brand of choice untill I bought some PC4400 TCCD's from them. The last rig I built for a friend I used there DDR2 667 PC25400 and it ran flawlessly and it was much cheaper than the competition. It also easily ran well past it's rated speed.

running a 2 gig pair of pc4000 in this system now, haven't had any problems so far, much better than my old ram...

I'm using a 2x512MB pack of G.Skill and although its rated at 2225 200 (which I ran on my NF7-S) I cant get the same timings stable on my Ultra-D. I havent checked too much into this though - it just crashed Windows setup so I cranked the timings and forgot about it

My friend's got 2x1GB pc3200 g.skills runnin with a Athlon XP 3200+ on an AOpen board. Stock speeds. No problems. But if your board isn't listed as one that's compatible with the specific RAM sticks, it can be a gamble.

I'd also be interested if anyone's using g.skill ddr2 ram as to what oc's and timing people are getting from them. The price is very very good compared to the competition.

G.Skill RAM is ok, but why not pay the extra $10-$20 for some OCZ? I know G.Skill made some excellent TCCD RAM, but I don't really like G.Skill non-TCCD Modules

Speaking of G.Skill TCCD... I just picked some up. :D Here's to hoping they hit DDR600. :beer:

btw- these are my first and probably only set of G.Skills I'll ever own. I agree w/wellnessoc5, when in doubt get some OCZ instead.

GSKILL's a great company.

I couldn't be please with my ram.

They ran at advertised timings and then some.

Anyone with the DDR667 or DDR800 modules? I found a great deal for them online and am just a good review away from buying them! :D

Back