• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Technology Ballistix 2GB BL2KIT12864L503

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you don't want failures, then stay away from those modules. Crucial discontinued them because the RMA rate was so high. When they're working, there's nothing better though.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon. These may be different from the original 1GB modules that were discontinued. Maybe someone else can chime in about these. Price seems very good though as they are $300 direct from Crucial.

KillrBurkceye, i was awared of the defect batch of this ram late last year. just wondering if these are new batches of ram sticks. And, yes these are good price but .... ?

perhaps let's wait for a few more weeks and see. but then price might increase. oh well, should i ask for another luck given to me this time in buying as i already did last time when i bought my opteron 165. LOL

Crucial discontinued 5B D's IC's cause of high failure rate, these are new revision 5B F's which are not as good.

You will be better off with Samsung UCCC"s, cheaper and equal performance.

RedDragonXXX said:
Crucial discontinued 5B D's IC's cause of high failure rate, these are new revision 5B F's which are not as good.

You will be better off with Samsung UCCC"s, cheaper and equal performance.
i wasn't aware that crucial switched the ballistix to 5b F.. all the sticks i have seen so far are .16TD1's.. which means 16 5b D chips.. 1 means a new pcb :santa:

if you've got a picture of some ballistix with F dies, i'd be glad to say that you're right :p

my ballistix were causign me problems (i bought them last year) and i didnt wanna RMA them since i increased the voltage to 3.0v, i dont have any problem anymore...... i never run the memtest though

blarf said:
my ballistix were causign me problems (i bought them last year) and i didnt wanna RMA them since i increased the voltage to 3.0v, i dont have any problem anymore...... i never run the memtest though

Hey after all this time does your memory is still good?????

Back