• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure where to go from here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

I am not a hardcore overclocker, just try to get the best I can, on stick voltages and air. I have read the stickies and such, but still not sure on where I should go from here to OC for possible better performance. Any ideas on what I should try next, or do you think it is good where it is at.

OCZ gold series PC4000 2gig kit.

Attachments

• 14ad71c5.jpg
    14ad71c5.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 36
First thing is that your memory is running 2T, I don't know if your mobo can run this memory setup in 1T but its worth a shot.
Go into the bios and look for CPC Enable/Disable and put it on Enable and then stress the system a bit to ensure stability.

It ran fun under memtest86+ at 1t, however lowering the ras - cas delay to 2 fails to boot. So guess thats it. Thanks.

The 1Gig OCZ sticks seem to hit kind of a wall at 220MHz. I've got a set of PC3200 EL Platinum 1Gig modules that are 100% stable at 220MHz 2.5-3-2-5 1T. Anything past that, even with looser timings, results in instability.

Back