• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question regarding voltage consumptions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exhausted mule

i'm overclocking my memory on my video card and curious which uses more voltage.

tight timings?

or high clocks?

i'm thinking high clocks but i'm assumnig that since running tighter timings is like running a higher clock for individual processes that the chips would use more voltage than stock.

Edit: thinking about it.

this is sort of an irrelevent question.

since the limiting factor without a volt mod is the amount of voltage going through the modules, it would probably be best to try a combination of highclocks with the tightest timings possible with the most gain.

no **** eh?

Last edited:
Voltage really isn't a quantity that is consumed. If your question is "which necessitates a greater increase in voltage, tightter timings or an increase in clockspeed" the answer is that it depends on how much you raise the frequency and how much you tighten the timings. It also depends on the memory chips, s you are probably best off experimenting with your system.

Back