• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Probs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazymilk

i have a problem when i play games on my Pc

every now and then the game just hangs for a spilt second like almost freezes.
I have watched my temps on everthing and all seems ok there, i have run trottlewatch as well and the cpu runs at 100% load while the game is running but does dip slightly on the graph evey nowe and then but not in time with the small hang ups.

Any ideas what might be cuasing it?

I have overclocked the cpu to 3.oghz but have also tried it at stock settings and it still does it.
I have run prime 95 for 24 hours and all is well there, i was wondering if that would pick up if there was a problem with the ram???

FX 57@STOCK
2X XFX GTX7800@STOCK WITH 84.21 DRIVER
ASUS PREMIUM SLI
2X 74 RAPTORS INRAID 0
2X 1GB CORSAIR 3500LL PRO
DANGER DEN COOLING FOR CPU AND GPU

I HAVE RUN ALL BENCHIES AND ALL SEESM FINE, GETTING 6987 ON 3DMARK O6 AND RAN PRIME95 FOR 12 HRS NO PRBLEMS.

It only seems to be on one game, joint operations. i have tried it on Quake4 anf BF2 and thast seems ok. If i am getting ok results on the benchies and prime, surely it cant be a hardware problem????

I would check to see if there are any patches available for that game. if you have the latest, you can try to reinstall so that you have the original version. If it is only on that one game it surely is the problem. You should not be seeing any hiccups with that system.

Patch the game and maybe check that you have the newest drivers, for everything. Video, audio, etc. Any one of those could be causing the issue.

Not a RAM problem IMO.

Back