• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe DDR2: Buy Now or Buy Later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aalaardb

Registered
I've been under the impression that both ddr and ddr2 memory prices have been low for a while, and ddr2 being almost as low as ddr, with ddr2 being so low because the demand was low. I didn't pay this much thought until my brother's computer died. So I'm selling him my current 3200+ and going to get a Conroe. My question is, should I buy my ddr2 ram now while demand is still low, instead of later when they could potentially go higher, or wait till later because supply will increase too and I'll have a better pick then? I am looking for 2x 1gb of above average ddr2, 800mhz or 667 with good timings.

you will see some nice ddr2 apearing after conroe release.

i mean ddr2 1200 cas 4 or 5

ive heard it was sopose to go up, like 3mths ago....so i stocked up with 4gbs...which was useless...so i sold it all off.

if conore requires 1066FSb, then i'll go out and buy what ever suits my needs...

Back