• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good recommendation of DDR Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoKiEpAn

Registered
I currently have 2x1gb of Corsair CMX1024-3200 sticks... these are stock 3-3-3-8 timings and when pushed to 3-4-4-8, the max overclock is 230mhz, anything higher, even with more voltage or looser timings results in instability with memtest... im working towards at least 250-260mhz from a pc3200 or ddr400 sticks as i have the ASUS A8N5X board... any recommendations of better 1gb sticks that will overclock this high and will run dual channel with a counterpart of the same make/model, i'll be the judge of price, so just post whatever you feel is worth recommending :) thanks

Are G.Skills and OCZ's worth getting? I've never used them before.. only used corsair in the past.. but I keep hearing that those are better for overclocking. Also, would those DDR500 work in an ASUS A8N5X board? even though it asks for DDR400 max?.. the bios goes up to ddr600 however ;P, just wondering how that works

EDIT: nevermind abotu the ASUS thing.. i cant get this RAM, G.Skill says themselves that any ASUS A8* board does not work with this ram :(

Last edited:
ah thank you, those OCZ's are cheap and are looking like the ones I'll look into, thanks for all of your replies :DD

As Rattle said:
Gskill2 Gig Extreme Kit. Most consistent and best bang for the buck 270 mhz plus DDR500 on the market right now. Mine do 286 mhz with no problems. I have even booted these sticks @ 297 mhz.. :eek:

Check out my whole thread here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=450629

I would have to say that 90% of the members that posted in my thread all achieved overclocks of at least: 270 mhz.

Cheers,
Dom

Back