• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Memtest address ranges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Bringing one up from the dead:
The board is a ECS P4VMM2 Rev 3.1

Now this board has the ability to run 2xDDR or 2SDRAM and is running a Intel Celeron 2.4GHZ CPU

Running 1 stick 256Mb DDR < Have changed DIMM sockets

Now to the fun part all memtest pass clear unless you set to run ALL memory ranges at which point it return an error in the ranges of 4076MB - 4078MB

I know its not the sticks of ram because nothing is running that high. So if anyone has any ideas I'd love to know. Sooner this one is ready sooner it will be a 24/7 FAH rig :bang head

Thanks for all your time in this matter,
Ambient Fiction

It may be that memtest has incorrectly detected the address range of your memory, and is testing some other device that to it appears to be memory. If you video card is 2M, it could be that. Anyway, try changing the way memtest gets the mem map (eg bios, probe, etc)

Thanks because that was about all I could come up with as well because when you run in standard mode for memory ranges it will sit there and run all day long without a burp. However when switching it to All test or Probe it goes nuts.

Thanks for your input
[eof]
Gnufsh said:
It may be that memtest has incorrectly detected the address range of your memory, and is testing some other device that to it appears to be memory. If you video card is 2M, it could be that. Anyway, try changing the way memtest gets the mem map (eg bios, probe, etc)

Back