• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It can't be TCCD. TCCD doesn't come in densities high enough to support 1GB sticks. Its probably either good UCCC or Infineon CE-5.

soulfly1448 said:
You can get 1GB ECC Registered modules with TCCD chips. Have come across a few of them recently.
Those are either 1. stacked dimms (= 4 ranks/dimm - which would suck for overclocking)

or

2. some other Samsung chips which have nothing to do with K4H560838F-TCCD which is the TCCD oc'ers like. "TCCD" is a fraction of the part number and means only that the chip has leaded TSOP2 package, op temp of 0℃ to 70℃ and speed bin of DDR500 @ tCL3.

largon said:
Those are either 1. stacked dimms (= 4 ranks/dimm - which would suck for overclocking)

May have been stacked. ECC and Registered. They are custom. Meaning, I have them special ordered for a customer. For an optiplex server, if I'm not mistaken. It just so happened my vendor used the TCCD IC's.

largon said:
2. some other Samsung chips which have nothing to do with K4H560838F-TCCD which is the TCCD oc'ers like. "TCCD" is a fraction of the part number and means only that the chip has leaded TSOP2 package, op temp of 0℃ to 70℃ and speed bin of DDR500 @ tCL3.

They are the same part number. If they haven't been sold yet, I'll snap ya a pic. Again, custom parts. That's what they had on hand that met the customer's needs.

Ok, so they're not standard run production units, but...

Back